Can I order by telephone?
We hope to add this service one day, but for now, please shop directly on our website.
How long does it take to process my order?
After you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation email. If any of the items you have ordered are unavailable you will be quickly informed of the out-of-stock pieces and your payment for the items will be refunded.
What payment methods do you accept?
Phipps accepts payment via MasterCard, American Express, Paypal and Visa.
Is it safe to use my credit card online?
We work hard to ensure your purchase is safe and secure. For your protection, all orders go through a rigorous fraud-checking process.
Do you offer international shipping?
All orders ship climate neutral via DHL Express International, with carbon offsets provided by GoGreen. Please note this can take between 1-3 business days.
Do you cover duties/tax for international shipments?
Orders outside of the UK and EU may have to pay an import charge. Please be advised that it is your responsibility to pay for these extra charges.
Do you cover lost or stolen packages?
We are sorry to hear you didn’t receive your package. We would like to help you locate it. Please follow these steps:
- Verify the shipping address on the order confirmation email and confirm that it matches your place of residence/business.
- Double-check your back door and/or your mailbox, mail room, or receiving office. The courier may have dropped the package off at a location they deemed to be safer.
- Determine if your family, housemates or neighbours signed for the package upon delivery.
- If you are able to obtain the ‘Proof of Delivery’ from the courier, inquire with the person who signed for your package. -
If you know your mail person, ask them to confirm where and when the package was delivered.
- If you are still unable to locate the parcel after these steps, please email us at email@example.com
A customer care agent will be able to help you with the next steps once you confirm that you have completed each step above.
What is your returns and exchanges policy?
During 14 days from the delivery of your package, you may request to return or exchange your order. After this delay, unfortunately, we cannot accept it anymore. Please note that exchanges will only be offered for a different size in the exact same item originally ordered.
To be eligible for a return or exchange, your item must be unused, altered or washed, and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging fully intact and with the original labels still attached to each product. The return is posted in the package in which it was received, or else an equally secure outer box.
All Gold Label, sale, and discounted items are not eligible for returns or exchanges.
To return or exchange your product, please contact our customer service via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in your e-mail the order number found on your order confirmation or dispatch confirmation emails. Our customer service can support you in English and French.
Phipps is not liable for the loss of garments being returned. We recommend using a trackable delivery method and taking note of your tracking number. For full details, see our Returns & Exchanges page.
Can I cancel or modify my order?
Once your order has been placed, we are unable to make changes or cancel your order. If you have made an error in your delivery address, please email email@example.com immediately. If your order has already been entered in the packaging or shipment phases, Phipps accepts no responsibility for incorrect details entered.
Where do you ship?
Phipps ships worldwide.
How long will it take to process my order?
Orders placed before 10:00am (CEST) will be dispatched the same day. Any orders placed after 10:00am (CEST) will be dispatched the next day. All goods are dispatched during office hours, Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays and weekends.
How will I know if you have received my order?
After you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If any of the items you have ordered are unavailable you will be quickly informed of the out-of-stock pieces and your payment for the items will be refunded.
Am I able to track my order?
Yes. When we dispatch your order for delivery you will receive a unique tracking number by email and SMS. Once in receipt of this tracking number you can check the current status of your shipment. Please allow up to two hours for the tracking number to become active.
When will I receive my order?
Orders shipped using our delivery partners are delivered Monday to Friday. On the day of delivery, a nominated time-slot will be sent to you via SMS as an approximate window but this is not guaranteed.
What are you doing to ensure safety?
We are adhering to all appropriate health and hygiene standards in line with guidance from the world health organisation. We are maintaining the highest standards of hygiene at all of our physical locations and our teams are working from home. Our shipping partners have implemented expanded hygienic measures in compliance with all guidelines provided by public health officials.
What about the safety of your drivers?
One day per week the DHL offices are completely decontaminated. Our delivery partners are monitoring the health of their drivers closely; vehicles are disinfected daily and drivers are washing their hands and using hand sanitiser regularly. Every driver wears a mask and gloves to deliver your parcel.
Do I have to sign for my order?
You can choose with our delivery partners to not sign for your order. If you choose this option and no signature is collected, either leaving in a safe place or with a neighbour, you agree to our terms and conditions and, confirm that Phipps can leave your package(s) outside the premises at the shipping address provided by you or with a neighbour without obtaining a signature for proof of delivery and take full responsibility for any loss or damage that may occur.
Can deliveries be contact free?
Yes contact-free delivery is available to request from your courier upon delivery. DHL can leave the shipment in front of your door and will take a picture to prove that your shipment was delivered.
How do I return products if I can’t visit the post office due to movement restrictions?
Please email us at email@example.com For international returns DHL will organise a pick-up directly from your home, so there is no need to go to a post office.
Are you operating a normal delivery service?
Yes – we are still delivering everywhere; deliveries may currently take up to 5 days longer than usual to arrive.
If my order is delayed does that affect my returns period?
No, you have 28 days from receipt of your order to return the items to us. If, for any reason, you cannot make your return request or arrange collection in this time please contact our customer care team so we can assist you on firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I know what the best size is for me?
Our size and fit team measure all items individually to help you find the perfect fit. In order to help find the best fit, the following information is available on every product page:
- Product-specific measurements (i.e sleeve length, pant leg width etc.) A size conversion chart to help convert international sizes
- Size of the garment worn by the model, alongside their specific measurements the above can be found in the Size Guide tab on any item’s product page.
Our Customer Care team is always available to answer any questions regarding measurements and fitting.
What is the benefit of having an account and can I shop without one?
Creating an account will allow you to:
- Keep track of current orders and view previous purchases.
- Request a return directly from your account; no phone calls or e-mail requests necessary.
- Modify your order even after you’ve placed it.
- Place orders with greater ease; all of your billing and shipping information is kept on file Sign up for the Phipps newsletter in order to know about our new arrivals, upcoming sales and other updates.
- To modify any order(s) placed as a guest you must create a Phipps account using the same email address used to place the guest order(s).
What if I forgot my password?
If you have forgotten or misplaced your Phipps account password, simply fill out your email address in the 'I Forgot' section of the login. You will receive an email with a link to reset your password.
How do I manage my email preferences or unsubscribe to the newsletter?
Simply login to your account and you will find a section called Email Preferences to manage your settings.
Are all clothes made from recycled materials?
No - Although we use many recycled materials in our collection we also use new raw materials that follow our strict standards for responsible manufacturing, like natural wools or certified organic cotton.
For more information on our responsible business practices please visit our sustainability report here.
What is American Classics?
The American Classics collection is our selection of iconic staples of the American wardrobe. These timeless pieces are built to last and are made following our ethos of responsible manufacturing. It’s American style made right. View the collection here.
What is Made to Measure?
Our Made to Measure program is the height of sartorial luxury. A Made to Measure suit is tailor-made to order and created specifically for each individual client. For more information click here.
What is Millet x Phipps?
The Millet x Phipps collaboration fuses close to a century of French savoir-faire in mountaineering with the PHIPPS aesthetic and ethical modus operandi. We upcycled existing fabrics from the Millet archive to create a capsule of unique limited edition high performance outerwear and accessories. View the collection here.
What is Gold Label?
Gold Label is our unique collection of PHIPPS-customised vintage and deadstock garments sourced from around the world and expertly curated just for you. From beautifully aged flannels to customized denim heirlooms, each item tells a unique story and creates a waste-free, timeless sense of PHIPPS style. Available exclusively here on our website.
How are Gold Label items different to the other Phipps items?
Gold Label items are vintage, and have been produced by other companies than PHIPPS. These items have been worn, used, sometimes modified or destroyed by their previous owner(s), to be finally curated and customised by PHIPPS, whereas the rest of PHIPPS items are made of sustainably sourced new materials.
How is the Gold Label sizing different from other Phipps items?
The fit and sizing of vintage clothing can vary from item to item, and the size tag on the item often doesn’t reflect the real sizing for today’s standards, or correspond to the sizing of PHIPPS products. We always measure each item just in case, to avoid surprises.
Will I receive the same Gold Label item that’s pictured?
Yes, each item of Gold Label is unique so the piece pictured will be exactly the same one you will receive.
Where can I buy Gold Label?
For now, Gold Label is available exclusively on our website.
Why buy used?
Buying used or pre-existing items is the most environmentally responsible way to shop. Recycling and re-using vintage clothing means you are not only doing your bit to help the earth by discouraging the production of new items and saving natural resources, but you are also getting a much better quality, unique and individual product with a sense of history.
Where do Gold Label products come from?
We source our Gold Label items from around the world; from underground flea markets, select vintage resellers, vintage fairs, and many other secret locations.
How are Gold Label products cleaned?
Gold Labels items are machine washed and/or dry-cleaned and sanitised by our team before being packed.
What condition are Gold Label items?
Gold Label items are sold in a wide variety of conditions from excellent to distressed. To help you get a better sense of each piece, we give each item a rating - you can find our chart below.
Excellent - Brand new, very clean. Like it’s never been worn.
Great - Almost new, aged but with no visible stains or signs of distressing.
Good - Definitely worn but still clean, some small stains, holes, or defects.
Worn - Signs of wear and tear, significant stains, holes, possible signs of repair.
Destroyed - Large holes, stains, extremely distressed.
How can I tell my size for Gold Label items?
Vintage items can vary in size, and quite often the size label inside the garment does not reflect the equivalent sizing for the rest of the PHIPPS products. To help you determine the best sizing options, Gold Label items are measured in our office in Paris. Details will be provided for each item in its description. Measurements are taken flat. To ensure a proper fit compare these measurements to your best fitting clothes.
How can I repair & care for my Gold Label piece?
As Gold Label garments are not produced by Phipps, and are often found without proper care labels, we cannot guarantee precise cleaning instructions for each piece.
However, here is a helpful guide to use to care for your Gold Label items :
- Keep your vintage clothes in a dry, dust-free place away from direct sunlight. Humidity or damp will damage delicate fibres, and sunlight can irreversibly fade vintage prints and colours.
- Keep vintage clothes stored where they can breathe, not in plastic covers like the ones you get from the dry cleaners. Long term, these are not healthy for the fabric of the clothes.
- Hang your vintage clothes on wooden hangers, or for best protection, cloth-covered padded hangers. (Metal hangers can leave rust stains on your clothes and they also leave stretch marks that are very hard to get rid of).
- Less is more. Repeated vigorous washing damages the fibres of clothing, increases your energy bill and has a negative impact on the environment. ¼ of the carbon footprint from the garment industry is from consumers washing and drying their clothes, which is easy to avoid.
- Unless clothes are dirty, you can simply spot wash them or brush them clean to remove any stains or debris.
- Turning clothes inside out to air or hanging them in humid places removes odour to keep clothes fresh without damaging the garment or the environment.
- Wash at 30 degrees where possible, use gentle cycles or lightly hand-wash - all these options are always better for the lifespan of vintage clothing. Plus, you’ll save on energy bills, switching from 40 to 30 for example can save up to 60% of the energy consumption.
- If you do need to wash your clothes, always hand-wash pre1960s vintage. If you’re concerned that the fabric is too delicate, don’t wash it at all! Never wash embroidered silks or satins, ever!
- Always air dry your garments when possible. Tumble dryers use a lot of energy when all you need is a simple washing line or clothes horse.
- If you want to dry clean specialty vintage items that are durable enough for it, then use a reputable, eco-friendly dry cleaner that you can build up a relationship of trust with. Eco-friendly dry cleaners use non-toxic detergents that are better for your health and for the environment, and focus on saving energy wherever possible. You want someone you can trust to care for your precious pieces as much as you do!
- With all vintage clothing and shoes, try not to wear them two days in a row without airing them. This gives them a chance to breathe and restores it for the next wear.
- Repair, repair, repair! From a small rip to a larger hole make sure you repair your clothing as soon as you see an issue. They’ll only get bigger if you don’t. You can sew, crochet, cover with patches of material and more. Keep your eyes peeled on our social and blog for clever life hacks to make repairing easy breezy!
- Lube your zipper. Old metal zippers should be carefully lubed with graphite pencil, vaseline or zipper lube to keep them gliding smoothly through your clothing. Most of all love your vintage clothes and respect them as you would a person of the same age!
Are you accepting interns?
We are always looking for motivated applicants to join our team. If you are interested please send your cv, cover letter, and portfolio to email@example.com
How do I contact customer care?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.